The scholarship application process at BYU.
- Continuing Students: March 1st
- New Freshman: February 1st (if you're applying for need-based scholarships you have until March 1st to complete the FAFSA)
- Transfer Students: February 1st (New transfer students aren't eligible for BYU academic scholarships until after one full enrollment (12 credits) at BYU. However, you can still submit the entire scholarship application to see if you qualify for any need-based or private scholarships. If applying for need-based scholarships you have until March 1st to complete the FAFSA).
- Former Students: February 1st
- New students entering Winter Semester: October 1st
How to apply for BYU scholarships:
- Click the do it button to be directed to the scholarship application.
- Select the semester(s) and/or term(s) you’re applying for.
- Submitting the application at this point will allow you to be considered for BYU academic scholarships only.
- If you also want to apply for need-based and various other BYU scholarships, continue to fill out the optional information on the scholarship application as prompted.
- Submit the application.
Department and College Scholarships
Contact your department and college advisement center for information about applying for departmental scholarships.
If you have questions about how your off-campus scholarship will pay charges on your account, view the Scholarships FAQ.
To see a record of your current and past scholarship awards and credit-hour requirements, click the do it button on the OneStop View Scholarship History page (or type the word SCHOLAR in the Quick URL box on myBYU).