Tuition is due seven calendar days before the first day of class. Pay on time or you will get a 'hold' placed on your account and your classes may be dropped. Make sure you understand all the deadlines. Click here for a list of tuition costs for the current academic year.
- Tuition deadline: 7 calendar days before classes begin.
- If you don't pay tuition by the deadline, a hold will be placed on your registration until you pay.
- Final tuition deadline: semester or term add/drop deadline.
- If you don't pay tuition by the add/drop deadline, your classes may be dropped. Click here to see a list of tuition deadlines.
- Preferred method of payment: online e-payment.
- E-check: e-check is the university’s preferred method for tuition payments; it’s safe, easy and completely free! You will need your US bank account information (routing number and account number) in order to make an e-check payment.
- Credit Card: tuition, program fees and short-term loan payments made online with a credit or debit card will be charged a 2% processing fee.
BYU accepts the following credit cards for online payments:
- American Express
Note: credit/debit cards are not accepted for tuition & fees and short-term loan payments made in person. Cash or check only when making these payments at OneStop Student Services (D-155 ASB). Skip the long lines and pay online with an e-check or credit card.
How to make an e-payment:
- Click the do it button to be directed to your unpaid charges.
- Find the charge you wish to pay and click pay now (or enter the amount you’re paying).
- Select your payment method (credit card or e-check).
- Follow the remaining instructions to complete the transaction.