The 1098T form shows tuition billed and scholarships for each calendar year. The information from the 1098T is used when filing taxes to determine eligibility for certain tax credits.
Click the do it button to go to your tax information in My Financial Center. Under the 'Obtaining and Using Tax Forms' heading, click the 'IRS Form 1098T - Tuition Statement' link to view your 1098T.
- Am I eligible for a 1098T?
- How do I use my 1098T for my taxes?
- What information does the 1098T include?
- How do I access my 1098-T?
Eligibility for a Form 1098T is currently going through changes. If you have questions if you are eligible for a 1098T please email email@example.com or call (801) 422-4580. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response.
- Most international students are not eligible for a 1098T. There are very specific requirements that need to be met by international students in order to be eligible. Email 1098T@byu.edu to find out more.
- BYU OneStop does not issue advice or counsel about how to file taxes. If you have specific questions about how to report the 1098T, please contact your tax specialist.
- The 1098T reports the amount of tuition paid and the amount of scholarships & grants received for the calendar year (January 1 – December 31).
- Loans are not included in the scholarships and grants amount.
- Click the do it button on the left side of this page.
- Login with your Net ID and password.
- Under the Obtaining and using Tax Forms bullet, click IRS Form 1098T – Tuition Statement.
- Click on the year you need the statement for. (You will need to allow pop-ups for the statement to pull up.)
For more 1098T FAQ's click the Do It link, then click the 'IRS Form 1098T - Tuition Statement' bullet. Click FAQ to view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Form 1098-T.