BYU students enrolled 3/4 time or more (9+ credits) are required to have health insurance year round. Each student is automatically enrolled in BYU's Student Health Plan one week prior to classes starting if private insurance has not been reported.
- If you are already covered by a different health insurance plan, you can waive the BYU Student Health Plan. Click the Do It button on the left to enter your insurance information and waive the BYU Student Health Plan.
- You can do this for fall semester at the beginning of August or after the first day of classes for other semesters.
- You will need to waive the plan every fall semester (before the add/drop deadline).
- Before you waive the plan, do your research to see if your current coverage really is a better deal. The Student Health Plan is known for the quality and quantity of services available at very affordable rates.
- Click here for more information about enrolling in the Student Health Plan.
New students coming winter, spring or summer semester will have access to waive the plan approximately 1 month prior to classes starting. Those coming fall can waive the student health plan at the beginning of August. The deadline to waive the BYU Student Health Plan is the semester add/drop deadline.
Click the Do It button on the left to waive the plan.